Evening Meditation & Spiritual Baba Talk
Santa Rosa, CA
Santa Rosa, CA
3rd Friday Night
of each month
Residential Work-Study Yoga & Meditation Training
Meditation • Yoga • Service • Community • Sustainability
Yoga Life is a residential work-study training designed to give students the opportunity to develop themselves personally through the practices of yoga and yogic meditation, as well as develop their skills and ability to serve living beings through service, community-building and study of yogic knowledge.
In this program, students will learn individual meditative practices for their personal development, as well as yogic wisdom teachings and paradigms for sustainable development. There will be individual meditation at least twice daily, chanting, yoga sessions, daily check-ins with the group and work study. Every few weeks, students will have an opportunity to meet with their spiritual advisor who will review their progress and support them in the development of their practices. . The residential trainees will live in community with the other residents at Ananda Kamalalaya Center: eating, working and practicing together.
There are 6 core areas of focus for the program, which are:
1. Personal development through yogic meditation, asana and other yoga-related practices.
2. Study of the ancient teachings of yoga, the mind, psychology, cosmology, right living, dharma, and related topics such as paradigms for sustainable development, organic gardening and permaculture.
3. Service: this includes organic gardening, karma yoga on the property, office work, community service projects, organizing local retreats and yoga days, helping out with trainings, and possibly teaching yoga and meditation classes and giving lectures.
4. Community building skills development: this will be through living together with others in the ashram, collective planning, maintaining collective space, relationships, group process, communications, and so on.
5. The development of organizing skills: this will be through planning and organizing events and activities as mentioned above.
6. Entrepreneurial development: this is an exploration of creative business skills and activities ("cottage businesses") with other students for sustaining self. Examples might be: the development of organic gardening jobs, making textiles or other projects. These areas are not exclusive, but overlap in various ways.
Student Commitments, Fees and Registration
Yoga Life Training is designed to give students a deep experience of immersion in the yogic lifestyle, and living and working in harmony with the way of nature (dharma). The training allows for the exploration of opportunities to "follow your bliss" and find unique and personally-empowered ways to bring light and truth into the world.
Yoga Life Residential Training Requirements:
This training is accredited by Ananda Gurukula. Those who fulfill their training commitments, and deepen and grow in their yogic practices, knowledge base, and service to living beings to sufficiently pass the standards of their trainers, will graduate with a certificate of training and the title of "Dharmika," one who follows and upholds dharma. There is also the opportunity to continue to develop and deepen your commitment to work and grow in the community of Ananda Gurukula.